Saturday 22 March 2014

Bloggity Blog #2: The Blogging Effect.

So, it's Friday and I've finally got around to sitting down in bed whilst listening to Boyfriend snoring and getting on with my planned blogging schedule that I have oh-so-craftily put into my phone and set reminders every time I forget/am busy/lazy ect. Long story short, I will be uploading a lot more content to this site now. When I set out on this experience, I made a commitment to myself and anyone reading this, that I'll put my heart and soul into it.

But anyway moving on.

I've been ghosting around a fair bit on various blogging sites in various industries, topics and hobbies - hoping for a little bit of inspiration. As you may have noticed (or not, sad face) I have been making quite a few improvements to the site and ensuring it's a little more reader-friendly and easier to see in terms of colour and readability. Of course every author has their own ideas in terms of what they want and how they want to portray their work across to their target audience. I also saw a lot of fantastic blogs that go hideously under-advertised and lay forgotten, whilst their owners either frown and lose hope or continue doing what they love, simply because they love doing it. (I'll be showcasing talent such as this in my 'Sunday Showcase section!)

My point being that I class myself as the latter - I could have absolutely zero reader base but yet I will continue to churn out what I love doing, simply for the fact that I love doing it. This should definitely be a trait that everyone should learn to adapt in whatever they feel their passion is, and put everything they have into it. Imagine it.

Self-illumination and perspective aside, life has been changing pretty rapidly for the past few months or so, with a variety of changes occuring. Not that change is a bad thing, it's the ability to be able to learn and grasp new knowledge, skills, whatever.

For those of your who keep up to date with me on Twitter, I've decided to make a major career change and move from Recruitment to Financial Services. I feel that I should point out here though, that I have about as much skill with numbers as I do with hardcore welding and plumbing - absolutely zero. So here I am, totally out of my comfort zone and no clue of what I'm doing, stumbling day to day through numbers desperately trying to looks over my notes daily.

However not letting this beat me down, I decided that taking on a completely new industry and job, will teach me a lot more about the business world itself and hopefully a variety of new skills that I can apply to my own. Admittedly, I miss Recruitment a lot more than I thought I would but again remembering the reasons why I decided to take a different route, I am choosing the 'new' things that I like now and focussing on them wholeheartedly. I know in myself roughly what I would like to change and what I'd like to improve on - which could be compared to writing as well in this aspect, I know what I want to do.

As to where this whole adventure for me at the moment - who knows where it will end? It's exciting, it's adventurous and most of all, I'm doing what I want to do.

Why don't you do the same?

Happy Friday!

- H










No comments:

Post a Comment